Heavy Duty Vehicle Filters
Filvent offer a complete range of products covering air filters, fuel filters, oil filters & hydraulic filters. We distribute products from leading manufactures such as Rovos, Baldwin, Fleetguard, GUD & Hydac. These products are designed to meet the highest demands and needs of the Heavy Duty engine.
Heavy-duty Air Filter protection
Clean air is critical to the performance and life of your Heavy Duty engine. For efficient combustion, a modern diesel engine requires several thousand times as much air as it does fuel. Proper air filtration is vital because a small amount of dirt can cause a tremendous amount of engine damage. The purpose of the air filter is to promote long system life by keeping destructive contaminants away from sensitive engine components.
Heavy-duty Oil Filter protection
combustion chambers, cleaning engine components and preventing corrosion. Oil filters play a critical role in protecting engines by removing harmful contaminants from the oil where they can cause irreversible damage to the engine.
Heavy-duty Fuel Filter protection
Fuel pollutants are a major concern when it comes to fuel systems.
Fuel filters protect complex fuel system components, such as injection pumps and injectors, from damaging pollutants, which include:
- Water — destroys the lubricative properties of your fuel, damaging fuel system mechanisms and resulting infuel flow stoppage at cold temperatures.
- Fungus and Bacteria — plug fuel filters as they feed on hydrocarbons and manifest rapidly in the presence of moisture.
- Precipitates (non-combustible materials) — settle out of the fuel causing few problems.
- Particulates (black, tar-like contaminants) — plug fuel filters quickly.
- Wax — adds energy to diesel fuel; however, during cold weather, wax thickens reducing or stopping fuel flow.